Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Anyone need some uplifting words? lol

Last week I was able to attend my first dental convention. Was I excited or what...something I love and a getaway to boot. The luncheon was good, but the best part was the speaker. This was my first experience with John Bytheway (I guess he speaks at schools in Utah), and he left a lasting impression on my heart. He compared life to a strenuous hike he accomplished as a young boy scout. The most important part of the hike is what you put in your pack. You will have to bear with me...there is a reason why I am not a motivational speaker lol. Anyway...if you carry regrets, sorrow, guilt, you know the stuff that weighs on your heart, then the journey is much harder. So use the power of repentance, the unconditional love of our Savior, accept the things we cannot change, and find joy in the journey. Are you ready for the kicker...the easiest way to lighten your load, is to lighten someone elses. So...so for others what you know lightens your own load. Man I am feeling uplifted all over again. The next concept really is the icing on the cake. Sometimes we get so caught up in what others have and all the worldly ways start to affect who we are and what we want. "If you are nothing without it, then you will be nothing with it" Seriously...does that make you rethink so much? It does me. I also want to share this quote I heard in a financial class. I love it...so true. "We are constantly spending money we don't have, on things we don't need, to impress people we don't like." Wait a minute, we love everyone :) Well I guess I will go and reevaluate myself for the rest of the day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would you stop giving me goose bumps! Thank you...I just can't help but want to be better reading your posts!

photographer...dental hygenist(spelling?)...financial planner...mother...wife...motivational speaker...what don't you do? :)