Friday, June 5, 2009

A piece of Heaven...
















April 18th, 2009 we became sealed for all time and eternity in the St.George temple. I have really been pondering about how words could possible describe this experience. As the days led up to our special day I was feeled with a mix of emotions...for the most part I was anxious, excited, nervous, not sure what to expect, etc. Then there was the part of me that felt like I did not deserve such an amazing promise. I have put this post off for so long because I knew I would bawl the whole time. As tears roll down my face, I want my friends and family to know that the gospel really saved me from a long hard road. I know with all my heart and soul that this is the way. As soon as I walked into the temple I was filled with the overwhelming power of the spirit. Truly, I felt like I was walking around Heaven. I personally that that we are all on our own journey, and that there is a time for everyone to decide what is best for their own life and family. I will forever be grateful for the people that influenced my life for the better. To this very day I do not think of myself as better than an individual struggling with whatever it may be, but instead as a chance to help them better their lives. My husband has one of the most sincere, genuine hearts of any man that I have known. He has been through so much during his life here on earth, but has become an amazing person from it all. How did I ever get so lucky to have him for all eternity is beyond my comprehension. Here are a few pictures of our special day. I love the one of Jensen knocking on Heaven's door. When Jesse was asked how the temple made him feel, his reply "I felt perfect" Wow!

3 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Oh Jodi...I am bawling, thank you for your post. It really was a special day...I think we all felt a little piece of Heaven that day!!!

Jeep and Nisha's Family said...

AMAZING post! I love it and all the pics. Thanks for sharing! We had a track meet that day and were sorry we missed; it looks like you had plenty of support, tho. Also, thanks for your testimony - what a great reminder of the importance of families!

Life of a Country Girl said...

you have the most amazing family! I love you all so very much! Thank you for always being my big sister even when its hard! I love you so much and I am blessed to have you all in my life! Thank you for never judging me.... god bless you all!