Monday, June 8, 2009

Animal Rescue 911











These last couple of days have been a little on the traumatic side. First, I will tell you about our little friend the burrowing owl. I went on a hike in the East hills Saturday and found this injured burrowing owl. He had a broken wing and I could not just leave him to die, so instead I brought him home to die. Not really, I contacted the bird rescue man in Cedar and was going to drive this owl half way to meet him, but unfortunately he died before that happened. Paige called my mom to tell her of our sad news. My mother asked her what we were going to do and Paige told her we were waiting for Ben to get home so we could have family prayer...this is too funny. It only gets better. We decided to bury Owl in our pet cemetary (our like 7th burial...farm life). Ben got the shovel and was thrilled he found a soft spot to dig, well little did he know, he was digging up Bunny Foo Foo. I heard Ben say "oh crap" and start covering up something before the kids could see. I am dying laughing...as I type this. We finally laid owl to rest and decided to start marking the graves, so that does not happen again. That was the end of our friend Owl's story. On to the next...Scarface. Last night, Paige came running in the house yelling for me to come and see. I could tell it was serious, so I ran out to find a kitty missing half of its face..for real. I was freaking out! Ben came out and was like what is hanging on its face...I said "its face". It was totally disgusting! Ben got some scissors and removed the mass of nastiness off of her poor face. We are not sure what happened to this kitty, but I could not let him end her life if she survived this already. So today, the kids and I made a trip to the vet. Yep, $75 bucks later we now have a new member of the family. I'm sorry about the picture, but I had to show to prove how bad it really is. I hope I am teaching my kids compassion, but Ben said that Jesse is going to be a sissy because of it. Oh well...we will love Scarface until he gets hit by a car.

2 comments:

Christian, Kerri, & The Boys said...

Oh my goodness Jodi! I love your stories and your little cute family!

The Lucero Family said...

Wow your blog is so entertaining...haha and I don't blame you...I would have saved scarface as well :)